Sunday, November 8, 2009

Give me a ball of yarn, and I will make you miniature boots.

Chiggy check it out:)

After many many hours of trial and error and more errors, I have successfully created (resizing from a pattern) the cutest baby shoes I've ever seen , and ensured a great fit for little Sylvie's feet...at the cost of my sanity and sleep:) Well, I didn't quite loose my sanity, but somehow I develop a sense of urgency about these things that aren't urgent, and work and work and work until I can see the finished project.

Even though Indiana is currently experiencing beautiful weather, I know better than to assume it will last. So to keep Sylvie warm when Indiana hands us cold weaher...

BEHOLD

I'm going to make some to sell on my etsy store too:) After I recover from this pair!

And below are some pictures from this week. Its quite rare Sylvie shares the frame with someone else. I thought I'd share a peek into her little personality; a little crazy and a little cuddly:) (Denney and Sylvie are playing pin-ball in the picture below)



4 comments:

Lanier Desk said...

Unbelievably cute!!!!! Outdone yourself this time girl!! Well, let me see them on the model :)
More pics! You come by the "urgency" thing honestly; genetic I'm afriad!

Anonymous said...

Your boots are super cute! I saw some crocheted Ugg baby boots and they were freakin' $44! And they weren't near as cute as yours...

It was good to see you today!

peace.

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Um...how did I not know you had a blog? And specifically one with a great name? I demand an update. (Please.) :)

Lydia said...

Hi Katie!
I love the name too, and I can say that because Denney named it for me:) This blog is a fledgling, but I hope you enjoy reading it even so.
Happy Snow Day!
Lydia