Monday, January 4, 2010

1,789 miles of Christmas Vacation...in a car







Well, well, well...



I guess I've been to0 busy to blog lately, but I am happy to say I'm hoping to change that and keep my readers ( Hi, Mom!) more up to date with this life we're blessed with [and tiny tidbits you could really get by without].



So, since I've last written, I've performed in the Nutcracker, sold 28 items from my shop at sweetandspontaneous.etsy.com , went to Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve, came out alive, traveled 1,789 miles during our Christams Vacation, had Christmas in Cincinnati and Alabama (on the same day), went to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, and watched Sylvie crawl to me for the first time on Christmas Day!!! So when we came home tonight, we were kind of happy to be home. I guess each of these events could be a blog post, but I'll spare you. Wow, that was a lot of info about me. I guess I've been holding it in while riding in the back seat of my 2 door scion (packed full of Sasha, Sasha hair, Sylvie, clothes, gifts, and the other essentials of Christmas travel). It kills the spirit, kind of like a jail cell.



But, you know, all this travel kind of makes me feel important. Like I could imagine I'm a jet setting super mom . It makes me feel important enough that I pulled out our new little miniature professional light studio when we got home to take pictures of the boots I made during the 28 hours in the car (it was a Christmas re-gift). It didn't go as well as I'd imagined, and I'm going to try again tomorrow with some natural light and while corralling our newly mobile baby. I imagine it'll be good fun.



Right now, all you really need to know is that we took Sylvie to dinner in the French Quarter on New Years Eve, and its a good thing we weren't there with her a couple hours later because its a lot like Mardi Gras (if you know what I mean). And that we have a powerful God who kept us safe, blessed us with lots of great family, and cares about little babies' digestive systems (I know this because he answered our prayers while Sylvie was having issues.:)



Happy New Year to you, and here's to more posts with less about me in them:)









No comments: