Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lights, Camera, Regretsy

We were given a really nifty little lighting studio for Christmas that is made specifically for selling objects on Ebay and such. As I mentioned in my last post, I tried it out soon after getting home, and it proved too complicated for me. So I dumbed it down, used just the mini lights, and took these photos of my little handmade goods:











As you can see, there's a reason we pay professionals to do this, but I'm happy with quirky imperfections in these photographs and so I'm going to stick with this as the best I can do for now, and keep experimenting.

Also important to share with you is this photo of Sylvie, taken as we were getting packed up to leave for Christmas Vacation. I figured since she was always trying to look into the laundry basket, it would be a perfect place for her to hang out while we buzzed around her (or just packed leisurely, stopping to watch the Christmas special on TV)




It seemed like a good idea in my head; execution of the idea was kind of fuzzy. Sylvie played along for about 15 mintues, then realized how uncomfortable it was. Keep in mind, this idea came out of me before our Christmas vacation. You should hear my ideas now; my best so far has been apple, avocado, and cabbage salad with a vinegar-y dill dressing. Understand, I don't really use the word 'best' in the most genuine way. I pretty sure Denney would classify it as my worst idea yet. He did not even try it.


And speaking of bad ideas...



This was posted on regretsy.com, a spoof of etsy.com (it just realized it is kind of raunchy, I don't really recommend browsing the site). I had to erase a bad word in the title, but you get the [bad] idea. Knitted toilet paper. Pretty ridiculous, huh? :) Somewhere, deep deep down, I'm kind of scared something I sell will end up on regretsy.com. Crossing my fingers.


1 comment:

Meridith (Hakes) Black MS, CCC-SLP said...

Your blog is so fun!! Your family is beautiful, Lyds! Definitely a blessed gal, hubs, daughter, and baby. <3
Love ya, gal! Thank you for putting this together and sharing! I'm honored to be a friend