Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shopping for Bottles Makes Me Uncomfortable...


There are a few words associated with bottles that don't make me uncomfortable in moderation, but after excessive reference, I have decided I become increasingly embarrassed talking about bottle anatomy to sales associates. So I will take this opportunity to define the abbreviation used in this post: n***** = nipple. Now you know.



You see, I stopped giving her a bottle, and before I knew it, she will hardly eat out of one for Denney or me, which is not good in the instance that I want some non baby time. This is a picture of the lineup of very qualified bottles from which Sylvie will choose . They all look good on paper: BPA free, reduced colic (ya right), most like breastfeeding, blah blah blah. Guess what? Apparently not all bottles are made equally, and it is not up to me which bottle is best (or Amazon reviews by the way). That's right, we must leave this decision to the 5 and 1/2 month old.



I should point out that this is round 2 of Operation Find Sylvie a Bottle. The first round consisted of a bottle called the Breastflow Bottle, of which there is apparently limited availability in this city. So after saying the word breast and nipple about 8 too many times to workers at all the Babies R Us and Targets in my area to procure the right n***** flow, it turns out the bottle has a major n***** problem; it collapses. I also had to say the word n***** collapse an uncomfortable amount of times to sales representatives at Babies R Us and Target today, as I returned the Breastflow bottle.




While the verdict is still out, Sylvie seems to be least repulsed by the Playtex bottle. Fingers crossed:)



I hope to be finished with this mission soon, and will announce the winner shortly!
* Since writing this post, Sylvie has decided that the original bottle, which she refused just two weeks ago, is the one for her. That's two little bitty thumbs up for the Dr. Brown's bottles. Success:)
Oh, and the Amber Bock in the picture was for Denney:)

1 comment:

Lanier Desk said...

THAT is LAUGH OUT LOUD Hilarious!! You say it so well - I'm sure many a mommie has been mortified by what she has to discuss with virgin salespeople!! More than that I am so tickled by the persnickity-ness of little Sylvie. She is such a bundle of opinions - already at 5 1/2 months! And Denney - great bottle choice! :) I love you guys!