Thursday, October 15, 2009

This Week's Top 3...

I love happy things. Warm, soft, cute, happy, lighthearted, and sweet things. So this week, I've enjoyed many happy things, and I want to share with you my Top 3:)


1. Making a hat for little Sylvie.
It was ridiculously easy and turned out surprisingly well. I crocheted the hat, used a handmade fabric flower left over from our wedding, and a pink button from an old shirt. If I hadn't started over about 5 times, it probably would've been a 30 minute project. Cute.

























2. Green Smoothies.
Last week, I bought a Vita-Mix super duper power blender. I got a great deal, and have really loved making green smoothies every day since I got it (50% fruit, 50% vegetables). I have also made baby food (went basically uneaten), and a yummy potato soup. I even pawned off some green smoothie on Denney 2 or 3 times in the past week. Baby steps.
The green smoothies qualify as one of my top three b/c they are very delicious and give me lots of energy! Also important to note, I added a couple Reeses cups a day to my diet in honor of fall, and that makes me happy too!




















3. Dan in Real Life
One of my all time favorite movies! I got to watch it last weekend while I worked away on the little hat. I love this movie for its actors, characters, music, story, and the house where the movie is filmed. An all around feel good movie. You'll laugh and smile lots! Actually I didn't finish it last weekend...maybe I'll 'work' on that today:) Oh, and if you have your volume turned up, you're listening to some soundtrack music from the movie. Enjoy!

No comments: