Saturday, August 8, 2009

Getting to Know You: Episode 1

Today is my Dad's birthday! He is a very loving father and I think the world of him. So, now I officially wish my Dad, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

In honor of my father (who loves to know everyone's story) I am initiating the interview portion of BOB; the part where some of my family and friends will be presented as the wonderful people they truly are, and given the opportunity to embarrass themselves, be a little funny and be a little real. I enjoy getting to know them and I hope you will too!






Getting to Know:
Bill

1. What is your first and middle name?

William Charles

2. Were you named after anyone?

Great Aunt Lola's husband William Charles (I'm pretty sure). He was dearly loved by Mom and Dad.
huh, I didn't know that!

3. List 3 things you are wearing.

Blue jeans, casual shoes, and a polo shirt
classic 'Dad' :)

4. List your 3 favorite food.

Meatloaf, Trout Almondine, Chili Dog with Cole Slaw
yumm...though I don't know about Trout Almondine. Sounds fancy pants.
(food deserves capital letters)

5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Red

6. List your 3 favorite things about your wife:

Loud laugh, love for living, and honesty
awwww

7. What book are you reading right now?

'The Go Giver'
good title

8. What is your ring tone?

'A Wonderful World'

9. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

2 outs, 3 on, in the bottom of the ninth...I could be a dog or a hero. I'm trying to get with it and NOT tuck my shirt tail in!
you must like baseball:)

10. What was your greatest musical discovery in 2008/09?

i- tunes playlist, for real!
The 'for real' is a direct quote from my dad. We teach them these things to keep them cool.

11. Where does most of your money go?

Bills; hope to change that in the next five years.
I don't think you're alone!!!

12. List 2 vices you fall prey to.

Too many cups of coffee at work and selfish neglect of those I love most.

13. Describe yourself in 1 word.

Merciful

14. Bonus: make up our own question:

What moves me to an unsolicited response most easily?
Beauty...whether in creation, food, sacrificial living, music, ballet, people's spirit seen in their countenance, the beauty withing my closest loved ones' faces, the beauty of passion, the beauty of the gospel, a person made whole, the beauty of aging gracefully, the beauty of pain to purify. These things move me to respond!
isn't he great?!

I consider myself blessed to have such a great dad!


1 comment:

Lanier Desk said...

Awww! That is just so awesome!! He IS a great guy.Great questions and great answers! I love what you're doing with this blog. Go Lydia!